Monday, February 22, 2010

My shopping goals:

My grocery shopping goals are:
1. $50 a week (not including diapers/OTC meds)
2. To only shop the sales each week and live off of my stockpiles. With the exception of buying the occasional bread, milk, eggs etc.
3. To be able to donate items purchased with coupons to charity. And to be able to donate LOTS of items to charity! I feel God has blessed me beyond my needs being met and it would be very greedy of me to keep all the blessings to myself.

This month if I don't spend anymore on groceries until Friday, I will have spent $54 a week! That's really darn close to goal! And this week is the first week that I went to the store just to shop the sales and only buy what was on sale with coupons. I did not even need to buy groceries this week. I was simply building my stockpile. (Which I need to post a picture of on here.) It's looking good! On Saturday, I spent $31 and saved $108! I think that might be my record. And as part of my "charity" goal, I will be going back tomorrow to buy 20 cans of soup and veggies for about $5, to give to my in-laws. They are not exactly a charity case. But my MIL is in between jobs right now, and I want to help them out. This is the best way I know to help :)

Happy Savings!
~All THANKS to God!~

2 comments:

B said...

Great job, LA! You've almost hit your target in just a month or two. Awesome!

Most of the time I'm to that point where I buy just the stuff that's on sale unless it's a bread/milk/eggs thing, but most of the time you can even find those on sale out here!

What I'm bad about is stocking up on the freezer items. Our freezer isn't very big, so I can't stock up on the good freezer sales. Soon when we remodel the kitchen, we're moving the old fridge to the garage. I'm excited about the stock-up possibilities!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, yeah, we have an extra fridge in the garage too. We mostly keep drinks in the fridge part and meat in the freezer. It is really really nice to have that extra freezer! You'll love having 2! Maybe one of these days, I'll get a deep freezer. Oh the possibilities for that...